Undoubtedly LinkedIn has evolved into a powerful content marketing platform of late, but still serves as a business (social) network for most users.
Apart from job seekers, LinkedIn can assist entrepreneurs and freelancers identify and onboard potential new clients. Over 90% of recruiters say they use social media in the recruiting process, 85 percent specifically use LinkedIn(US/UK/Australia) and 65% in India/Middle East.
So what’s the best way to optimize your profile and attract business leads or recruiting offers? LinkedIn offers guides for both general and sales optimization. With over 330 million users on LinkedIn, you will only start to get noticed by job recruiters and other business professionals when your profile is 100% complete. Some of the basic keys for optimizing a LinkedIn profile include:
- Using a professional looking headshot
- Develop a headline that’s more than just a job title / Sell yourself / Add Industry
- Add samples of past projects / Publishing posts frequently is a great way to get noticed
- Make sure your profile is complete / Don’t be afraid to use details – Ex: achievements/targets etc
- SEO optimization is truly necessary – Key words for job search are the most important aspect!
- List at least three skills for your connections to endorse
- For more LinkedIn profile optimization basics, visit our website www.bestinclassprofiles.com
As a company, business, or an organization, LinkedIn relies on Talent Solutions , the professional social network influential recruitment product. As Harvard Business School professor Mikolaj Piskorski explains in his book, " A Social Strategy: How We Profit From Social Media ," recruiting is what sets LinkedIn apart as a business, so it’s what users should emphasize on, too.